Friday, September 14, 2012

First Day of School

Yesterday was a big milestone day for my little guy – his first day of preschool!  I can’t believe how quickly this day has come and I think I’m still in a bit of denial that I’m the mother of a preschooler.  But, nonetheless, we’re very excited.  The hubby and I have been trying to get the munchkin prepared and excited about the idea of starting school.  I think he’s really looking forward to it but he’s not easily excitable, kind of like my husband. 



I was happy that I was able to walk him into class for his first day as I will be missing out on taking him to school most days due to work.  I think he was a little overwhelmed by the number of kids that were entering the building all at once but his class is pretty small in terms of number of students and it looked very bright and inviting.  I’m so excited for him – I wish I could have been there to see what they learned and the games they played, but I know this is all part of him becoming more independent.  I know he’s going to love his teacher once he gets more comfortable around her and I’m looking forward to hearing about all the friends he’ll make.
We got to look around the class a bit last week during their open house, where the kids got to the meet their teachers.  They have a lot of colorful posters to help the kids learn their alphabet and numbers.  One thing that caught my eye was a calendar that had pockets for each day of the week and numbered cards to show the date (I found it online here).  I’m thinking that would make a great diy to help Chris learn about calendars.

Hubby couldn’t stay away from the excitement of Chris’ first day of school either.  He went to greet him once he got out of class since it coincided with his lunch.  He didn’t say much about what he did in class but we often have a difficult time getting him to recount events.  We do know that he colored a green butterfly though!
 
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
 
Michelle   

No comments:

Post a Comment