Monday, July 16, 2012

Welcome!













This is the start of something that I hope will be a space for me to share my creative adventures, my fun and sometimes crazy family life, and the joys and challenges of being a mom.  As a full-time working mother, it's often hard to balance time with family and pursuing my hobbies.  But I think it's important to nurture my creative side and I want my son to experience the satisfaction of making things with his own two hands as he grows up.  I'm always trying to come up with ways that we can craft together and any successes I have, I will definitely share.


I hope that the projects I post will inspire you to be more crafty and help you to incorporate more handmade in your life.  And maybe you'll find an activity or two that you can enjoy with your kids or family.  While arts and crafts can be a great way to have some quiet time to yourself, it is often more fun when you involve friends and family.  If you do try out any of my projects, I'd love to hear about it!  Please feel free to post comments about things you've tried or thoughts you have about any of my posts. 

And lastly, I want you to get to know me a little and feel like I'm someone you can relate to.  Like most women, I struggle to keep up on the housework, I worry that I'm not doing enough as a parent, and I always feel like there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that I want to and spend as much time as I'd like with the people that I care about most.  This will hopefully be a way for me to reflect on all the great times shared with family and friends, but also appreciate the small, but precious moments that I sometimes need to force myself to pause and enjoy. 

I want this blog to be a chronicle of the different projects that I attempt - the successes along with the failures (hopefully more successes).  And, as my son gets older, this will be a great way for me to remember the many milestones that are to come and all the fun times that are in store for my little family.  I'm excited to see how this project of mine evolves - I know there is much to learn along the way.

Hope you will visit often and feel like you can share a bit about yourself.  I'd love to hear about what inspires you and the fun things you enjoy doing with your family.


Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment