Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Farm Campout



This past weekend, we took the munchkin for his first camping trip at a local farm.  I know it sounds kind of weird that we were camping at a farm, but it was an organized event that was part of the Great American Backyard Campout.  For those that don't know about it, it is a sponsored event where families can come to roast hotdogs and marshmallows over a fire pit, play games and enjoy a night under the stars for a small fee.  All we had to do was bring our tent and sleeping gear and they provided everything that was needed for the activities and dinner.









































There was some apprehension on the part of my husband for both Chris and I because 1) Chris had never slept outside in a sleeping bag and 2) I am more of a hotel kind of girl.  I am not a fan of honey buckets, which this place had, but they also had a portable sink which made it much more bearable.  Even though the bottle says that hand sanitizer kills 99.9% of germs, my hands still don't feel clean until they've been hit with some soap and water.  
















Overall, I think the campout was a success and it was actually quite comfortable in our 9 person tent, cozy sleeping bags and separate air mattresses (one for the munchkin and one for the Mr. and I).  There was only 8-10 other families at the farm which left plenty of room for hotdog and marshmallow roasting around two fire pits, which was definitely the highlight of the night.  We enjoyed gathering around the camp fire so much that we're thinking of getting a fire pit of our own to put in the backyard!  Though I don't think that s'mores every night will be too good for the waistline, so I'm off to find some healthy alternatives for fire pit cooking.

I will say that there was one incident that Chris had during this trip.  It involved some cow pie.  I won't go into the details, but let's just say that momma was not happy. 


 

 





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 








 

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!


More crafty DIY's are on the way.  They are in the works as we speak!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment